|NXShExt.dll - Explorer and Desktop crashes then restores when you right-click on a file or folder|
1. Disabled all but Microsoft Company Shell Extensions - Rebooted - Worked
2. Re-enabled 50% of disabled and kept doing this spltting them in half each time.
3. Used Nirsoft web site to see where others had problems.
4. Narrowed down to Novatix Explorer Plus shell based on others problems.
5. After numerous installs and uninstalls, discovered at Preference settings in Program - ExplorerPlus was the culprit - Specifically Zip unzip tab.
6. Installed ExplorerPlus but disabled the ExplorerPlus Zip Extension Type for Context Menu & Drag and Drop Type.
The details of the shell extension that might cause the problem:
|Shell Extension Name:||ExplorerPlus ZIP Extension|
|Description:||ExplorerPlus Shell Extension|
If you think that you have similar problem in your system, you can try to fix the problem by disabling the specified shell extension. In order to do that, simply follow the instructions below:
- Download and run the ShellExView utility from this Web page.
- Find the right shell extension according the details specified above.
- Select this shell extension and press F7 to disable this extension. After disabling the shell extension, check if the problem still occurs. If the problem still occurs, you should enable back the shell extension by pressing F8, and then try to search for another shell extension that might cause your problem.
This shell extension problem was reported by geeksenior